Fly fishing has gained popularity all over the world in recent years. If you are a traveller and you enjoy visiting different parts of the world, you should put fly fishing in your “To do” list so that you can add a little fun to your travels and tours.
Outstanding Fly Fishing Destinations
- The Abacos in the Bahamas Located in North Bahamas, this destination is known for having an abundance of bonefish. Other than being a perfect place to unwind and fish, it is also rich in nature, and you can enjoy the sight of mangroves and a lot of greenery. There are guides around the Abaco island who can help you navigate your way around if you need help.
- San Juan River in New Mexico: For people who love trout fishing, the San Juan River is the best place to be in North America. You should, however, plan your holiday time well so that you go during the off-season when not many people are out fishing – unless you enjoy fishing with crowds.
- Saskatchewan in Canada: If you watch videos of people fly fishing, you will realise that it is a sport that can be enjoyed by people in all demographics. Canada is one of the places where fly fishing is appreciated, and the northern side of Saskatchewan has several destinations for the sport.
- Eagle in Colorado: Eagle is found in the US and the Eagle River is one of the serene places to go fishing. It is an excellent destination during summer in May and June. The river is surrounded by good scenery and trees that provide a calming environment. It has trout of different species.
- Patagonia in Chile and Argentina: There are many rivers, lakes and streams where people can go fishing. Patagonia is a great international destination for people who want to fish for trout and pursue different species. You can engage in the catch and release sport and see how much fish you can catch in a day. This is a great place for backpackers or a group of friends who are exploring South America.
- Christmas Island in Australia: Located in the Pacific, this island is surrounded by saltwater that not only make it a sight to beyond, but it is also a good place to try fly fishing. To go fishing at the Christmas highland, you need to have permission since they limit the number of people who are allowed to fish there in a day. They have bonefish that excite people who enjoy fly fishing. Caution should, however, be taken when fishing here since there are sharks that sometimes come near the shore. Otherwise, this is the perfect destination.